Try this one for your New Years Eve dinner party.
The recipe is from Morrison’s of Portland, Maine. The restaurant was featured on the Food Network where the Deen brothers declared they made the best lobster stew they ever tasted.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier to make. I made it Christmas Eve with lobsters I purchased at Market Basket. I even had them steam them for me so all I had to do was crack open the shells and take out the meat.
Best Lobster Stew, Ever
- Lobster meat (1 pound or figure about 2 or 3 pound-and-a-quarter lobsters.)
- Butter (1 stick)
- Paprika (1 tablespoon)
- White Pepper (just a dash)
- Heavy Cream (2 cups)
- Evaporated Mile (2 cups)
- Whole Milk (2 cups)
- Sugar (just a pinch)
- Step 1 Melt butter in a pan large enough to hold 6 cups+ of liquid.
- Step 2 Cut up the lobster meat (saving some good-looking claw meat to add as a garnish to each bowl) and add it to the butter.
- Step 3 Add paprika and pepper.
- Step 4 Cook the lobster meat in the butter for 8-10 minutes. You want to let the flavor of the lobster escape into the butter.
- Step 5 Add the three milks and a pinch of sugar.
- Step 6 Heat it up, but DON’T LET IT BOIL. Serve in bowls with a choice piece of lobster meat for a garnish. Eat with crusty bread.