A few years ago I produced a series of weekly food videos for the Boston Globe. Both “Dorm Room Chef,” and “Drink of the Week,” ran for about a year and were catalogued in an online blog that unfortunately was lost when the Globe redesigned its website.
And that’s a shame because the videos featured some of Boston’s best chefs and bartenders explaining how to prepare easy-to-make meals and cocktails.
Recently, I discovered that most of these videos are still available on the Globe’s YouTube channel. Below are direct links to some of my favorite recipes as well as links to the index sites for both series.
Dorm Room Chef Favorites
- Michael Schlow Makes Penne With Sausage
- Stephen Oxaal Makes Chocolate Cake in a Microwave in One Minute
- Joanne Chang Makes Bread Pudding
- Find more Dorm Room Chef recipes here.
Drink of the Week Favorites
- Dan Lynch at Liquid Art House Creates The Street Art Cocktail
- Ju Lee at Temazcal Creates the En Fuego
- Sam Treadway at Backbar Creates the Japanese Smash
- Ezra Star at Drink Creates The Brandy Crusta
- Find more Drink of the Week recipes here.