Chef Gina Palmacci from Legal Oysteria in Boston created these four antipasti dishes for the Dorm Room Chef video series I shot and produced for the Boston Globe.
I’ve made them at home for special dinner parties. They’d work well for a small cocktail party as well. Think of them as Italian tapas: small plates that are easy to make and very delicious.
You can make one, two, or any combination of these for your platter. I’d suggest using the ingredient list below for your shopping list and then watching the video above to find out what to do. Seeing someone do it is much easier and faster than reading about it.
(Thanks for reading this far. To show our appreciation we’re offering this free eCookbook with “9 Recipes to Help you Relax and Enjoy the Holidays,” along with a free subscription to the Rootsliving newsletter.)
- For the Breadsticks Wrapped in Prosciutto:
- Breadsticks (sesame or whatever you like)
- Prosciutto di Parma (this is the imported stuff)
- For the Stuffed Peppadew Peppers:
- Peppadew peppers (these are small red peppers that come in a jar and are available at most large supermarkets)
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- For the Marinated Olives:
- Olives (get a variety
- 3 types will do)
- Rosemary (crushed)
- Red pepper flakes
- Toasted almonds
- Fresh juice from an orange
- Olive oil (optional, use only if olives are dry)
- For the Tuna Crostini:
- French bread, sliced
- Tuna fish (Italian, from a can)
- Capers (chopped)
- Salt, pepper
- Parsley (chopped)
- Lemon juice
- Red onion (chopped and soaked in red wine vinegar)
- Step 1 To make the Breadsticks Wrapped in Prosciutto: Take a breadstick and wrap a slice of prosciutto around it. Put them in a glass to serve.
- Step 2 To make the Stuffed Peppadew Peppers: Cut small pieces of the cheese and put them in the peppers. Serve on a small tray.
- Step 3 To make the marinated olives: Mix the olives in a bowl. Add all of the ingredients and toss.
- Step 4 To make the tuna crostini: Toast the bread slices. Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper on them. Mix all of the other ingredients in a bowl, except for the red onion. Spread this mixture on the toasted bread slices and top with slices of the red onion.