(Above: Monica Alvarez showed us how to make the Bohemian Cocktail when she was a bartender at the Beat Hotel in Harvard Square in 2014.)
Feeling a little tired from Christmas? Here’s a cocktail to wake you up: The Bohemian.
It’s the first in my series of cocktail ideas for New Year’s Eve.
For the next seven days I’ll feature one cocktail from my Drink of the Week cocktail series that I created for the Boston Globe. If you’re looking for a signature cocktail to serve at your New Year’s Eve party or simply something different to drink from now and until then, check in with Rootsliving daily this week. On Friday, I’ll publish the complete list so you’ll have time to purchase special ingredients.
The Bohemian (From the Beat Hotel)
- 1 1/2 oz. of gin
- 1 oz. of Elderflower Liqueur
- 1 oz. of grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes of bitters
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Step 1 Mix the gin, elderflower, grapefruit juice and bitters over ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Step 2 Shake until blended well and cold.
- Step 3 Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with a twist of lemon.