If you have 30 minutes before the gang wakes up, try this easy popover recipe. They’re great with butter and jam for a breakfast or brunch treat, but also good to have with dinner.
The scary part is you can’t open the oven to check on how they’re doing. You have to have faith. And this being Sunday, what better day is there to make this recipe?
Easy Sunday Popovers
These are best served warm, right out of the oven.
- Eggs (2 large)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Butter, melted (1 tablespoon)
- Flour (1 cup)
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Step 1 Butter muffin pans.
- Step 2 Mix all of the ingredients until thoroughly blended, but don’t overdo it.
- Step 3 Half fill the muffin tins and put them in a cold oven.
- Step 4 Turn the oven on to 450 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN WHILE THEY COOK, OR THE POPOVERS WILL FALL.
- Step 5 Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN WHILE THEY COOK, OR THE POPOVERS WILL FALL.
- Step 6 Remove from pan and serve with butter and/or jam. Makes 8 to 10 popovers.