This is an easy one and the kids like them too. Feel free to dip them in ketchup.
Ma's Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Hamburger, 1 pound
- Sweet Italian sausages, 2
- A piece of bread ( a stale piece or an end piece to a loaf of American bread is fine. )
- Splash of milk
- Frozen chopped spinach, 1 package (defrosted and cooked.)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup
- Large eggs, 2
- olive oil to coat frying pan
- Garlic clove, 1
- Green peppers, 6 (cut in half length-wise, remove guts and seeds).
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Put bread slice in bottom of bowl and soak good with milk.
- Step 2 Fry hamburg and sausage in oil and garlic. Break up hamburger and sausage into little pebble-size pieces while cooking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 3 Add cooked hamburg and sausage mixture to bowl with bread and milk.
- Step 4 Add spinach, cheese, and eggs. And mix well with either clean hands or a fork and knife.
- Step 5 Spoon mixture inside each pepper. Add stuffed peppers to large roasting pan coated with olive oil. Sprinkle olive oil ontop of each pepper and cook in a 350 degree oven for one hour.
- Step 6 Serve with rice or orzo or any side dish you think would work well.