(Above: Study these birds carefully, then figure out what to do. That’s what Tricia did.)
Trish made these a few years ago for a martini/jewelry party.
Friends of ours make their own jewelry and she thought throwing a party would be a good way to give everyone a head start on their holiday shopping.
Trish found this idea for penguin olives. It didn’t come with any instructions so she studied the photo and then used her imagination to assemble them herself.
Here’s what she did:
Martini Party Penguins
- Extra-large pitted black olives (1 can)
- Small pitted black olives (1 can)
- Cream cheese
- Carrot (1)
- Step 1 Stuff the the extra-large olives with cream cheese.
- Step 2 Slice the carrot into 1/4 thick circles and then cut out a piece of pie from each one.
- Step 3 Place the large stuffed olives on top of a carrot circle and then attach the small olive with the opening facing you on top of the large olive. Connect it all with a toothpick.
- Step 4 Cut small peaks out of the carrot and stick them in the small olive olive hole.
- Step 5 Tie a chive between the large olive and small olive so that it looks like a scarf.