The Gronked and Goosed Cocktail
(Above: Jasmine showed us how to make the Gronked and Goosed cocktail when she was a bartender at Jerry Remy’s bar in Boston.)
Beer is fine but if you’re looking for something else to drink to watch the Super Bowl, this is the cocktail for Patriots’ fans. Who cares if the Patriots aren’t in the Super Bowl. Or if Gronk isn’t on the Patriots team anymore.
This drink is all about name dropping. It’s named after former Patriots football star Rob Gronkowski and was created in a bar named after a former Red Sox player turned commentator, the late Jerry Remy. However, that bar is now called Tony C’s, after former Red Sox player Tony Conigliaro.
Confused? This vodka drink may help.
Here’s the recipe:
Gronked and Goosed
- Fresh lime, 1 cut into quarters
- Cointreau cherries, 3
- Fresh mint sprig
- Grey Goose Cherry Vodka, 1 1/2 oz.
- Ginger Beer, a splash
- Step 1 Put lime quarters in a tall glass. Add Cointreau cherries and muddle it in the glass.
- Step 2 Add fresh mint, ice, vodka, and shake it up.
- Step 3 Top it off with ginger beer and serve.