(Above: Laura showed us how to make the Thai Cocktail when she was a bartender at the Cuchi Cuchi restaurant in Cambridge, Mass. in 2014.)
With basil, cocoanut rum, vodka, and cava, this drink from Cuchi Cuchi, a Spanish restaurant in Cambridge, Mass., packs a punch. We’re not even sure if Charo can handle it.
Sadly, the restaurant closed its doors for good in May, 2020, another victim of the pandemic. In remembrance, you can make this cocktail and raise a glass to the fun times that unique place inspired.
Here’s the recipe:
The Thai Cocktail
- Fresh basil, several leaves
- Lemon grass several sprigs
- Simple syrup, one shot
- Cocoanut rum (Malibu), one shot
- Vodka, two shots
- Lemon Juice, splash
- Cava, splash
- Step 1 Put basil, lemongrass, simple syrup and ice in a glass and muddle it good.
- Step 2 Add rum, vodka and lemon juice. Shake until well blended and cold.
- Step 3 Pour into a glass and top with some Cava. Garnish with a single basil leaf.